Community Service Opportunities
The Calvary Chapel High School community service requirement is as follows:
- Students must complete 8 hours per semester/16 per year.
- Community service is not complete until the student turns in the Community Service Form into the high school office on or before the day it is due.
- The form must be filled out completely and include the appropriate authorized signature. Parents cannot sign for community service hours.
- The final day to turn in the 1st semester community service form into the high school office is Friday, January 18th.
- Summer community service hours can be turned in and logged towards your service hours.
- Please log into ParentsWeb, under Family Information and Choose your student's name. You will see a Tab for Service Hours which will show all Community Service hours that have been logged, with the exception of hours turned in over the past 24 hours.
For all/any community service opportunities students complete this semester that are NOT LISTED below, must be approved by Tami McKeown. You may contact her by email or in CCHS office. Denial of community service will be given for the following reasons:
- Failure to turn in the Prior Approval Form for community service and volunteering somewhere that has not been approved.
- Failure to turn in the community service form on or before January 18, 2018.
Name: Tami McKeown
We have some great opportunities to serve in your community. Our heart is that this will become one of the rhythms of your life. We are filled up daily and we need to make room in our hectic schedules to be poured out as a blessing to our community.
I have personally been involved with these opportunities and I know you will be blessed. Find something that sparks your interest. God often times impresses things on our heart to show us the direction He would have us go, it is up to us to listen.
If you have any questions or concerns, or have another opportunity you would like to be involved with please contact me at email@example.com or text 714-728-3863 My office is J209 and I will be available in the lunch area most days.
2nd Thursdays Serving the Homeless at Long Beach Rescue Mission
We will leave CCHS at 4pm grab dinner and head down to serve dinner at the Mission we will return to CCHS by 8:30pm Bring $ for dinner.
2nd Saturdays Homeless Ministry- Main Beach Laguna Beach 7:45am-9:15am
Sign up by texting me to bring a breakfast item for 20 . Potatoes, sausage, Bacon, cereal, juice.
Or you may just come serve and build relationship with our friends in Laguna.
2nd Sundays Habitat Restoration Program
9am-11:30am You will be working on a variety of projects at Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve Irvine Ave./University Ave. Newport Beach. Check in under the ez up with the ranger. Bring a card to get your signatures.
Sundays – Miracle League- Playing baseball with special needs kids
Pioneer Park-2565 E. Underhill Ave. Anaheim check in at snack bar to sign a waiver with parent if under 18 on your first time and get your tshirt. You can download a waiver at www.ocmiracleleague.com click volunteer.
Bring a card to get your hours signed off.
LIFT Serving Team – Monday Nights Meet in prayer room at 5:30pm check in with Marshall He will have a sign in sheet for keeping track of hours you must sign in and out for your hours to count.
RETHINK conference Sept.28-29-CCCM sanctuary sign ups in CCHS office
CCCM Womens Ministry Christmas Coffee- Dec. 1st - Gym and Sanctuary
Friends to Family Elderly Ministry- volunteer to be a mentor once a week to an elderly person in assisted living.
Back Bay Therapeutic Riding Club- Assist Special needs children as they do their weekly therapy on horseback
BackBayTRC.org ask for Alice or Maggie or see Tami and she can get you scheduled for a timeslot. This is a weekly commitment you will be assigned to the same child each week.
CRAFTING for Missions- If you like to craft , paint, make jewelry, are a DIY fan, this is the spot for you. You can put your hobby to good use making things for our Missions fundraisers. Check with Tami and she will get you started .