Community Service Opportunities
The Calvary Chapel High School community service requirement is as follows:
- Students must complete 8 hours per semester/16 per year.
- Community service is not complete until the student turns in the Community Service Form into the high school office on or before the day it is due.
- The form must be filled out completely and include the appropriate authorized signature. Parents cannot sign for community service hours.
- The final day to turn in the 1st semester community service form into the high school office is Friday, January 22nd and Friday, May 7th for 2nd semester.
- Summer community service hours can be turned in and logged towards your service hours.
- ALL SERVICE MUST BE FOR A CHURCH OR NON-PROFIT (Reminder: When you volunteer with a non-profit organization or ministry, please make sure you contact them in advance because they may require you to fill out waiver forms and/or specific volunteer times.)
- Please log into ParentsWeb, under Family Information and Choose your student's name. You will see a Tab for Service Hours which will show all Community Service hours that have been logged, with the exception of hours turned in over the past 24 hours.
For all/any community service opportunities students complete this semester that are NOT LISTED below, must be approved by Miss Brittany Marano. You may contact her by email or in CCHS office. Denial of community service will be given for the following reasons:
- Failure to turn in the Prior Approval Form for community service and volunteering somewhere that has not been approved.
- Failure to turn in the community service form on or before the deadlines.
Name: Brittany Marano
We have some great opportunities to serve in your community. Our heart is that this will become one of the rhythms of your life. We are filled up daily and we need to make room in our hectic schedules to be poured out as a blessing to our community.
Find something that sparks your interest. God often times impresses things on our heart to show us the direction He would have us go, it is up to us to listen.
If you have any questions or concerns, or have another opportunity you would like to be involved with please contact me at email@example.com or stop by and see me at the high school office.
2nd Saturdays Homeless Ministry
Vanguard University in parking lot on the corner of Newport Blvd. and Fair Dr. Costa Mesa, CA 7:30am-12pm
4th Saturdays Homeless Breakfast
Main Beach Laguna Beach 7:45-9:30am
2nd Sundays Habitat Restoration Program
9am-11:30am You will be working on a variety of projects at Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve Irvine Ave./University Ave. Newport Beach. Check in under the ez up with the ranger. Bring a card to get your signatures.
Listen to the morning announcements for other upcoming opportunities.
Mariners Thrift Store and Food Pantry
Thursday9am-1pm and 6pm-8pm Fridays & Saturdays 9am-1pm Sundays 1pm-3pm Ask for Erica
Sundays – Miracle League- Playing baseball with special needs kids
Pioneer Park-2565 E. Underhill Ave. Anaheim check in at snack bar to sign a waiver with parent if under 18 on your first time and get your tshirt. You can download a waiver at www.ocmiracleleague.com click volunteer.
Bring a card to get your hours signed off.
Back Bay Therapeutic Riding Club- Assist Special needs children as they do their weekly therapy on horseback
BackBayTRC.org ask for Alice or Maggie or see Tami and she can get you scheduled for a timeslot. This is a weekly commitment you will be assigned to the same child each week.
Operation Christmas Child boxes 2 hours per extremely FULL box. MUST be brand new, age appropriate, filled according to the flier. Must be in plastic shoebox you provide.
Run to Rescue
Yardwork for their ministry house. Call Daniella Hall-951-870-3211
CRAFTING for Missions
If you like to craft , paint, make jewelry, are a DIY fan, this is the spot for you. You can put your hobby to good use making things for our Missions fundraisers. Check with Tami and she will get you started .