2018-2019 Girls Volleyball
I want to start off by thanking all of the Calvary staff, support team and families for all of your prayers and support throughout the 2018 Girls Volleyball season. I also want to thank the students for all of their support and cheering, especially the boy’s volleyball team, for coming out and supporting our girls in their quest.
We should all be very proud!
This was a record year for our Girls Volleyball program:
The Varsity Team GPA 3.4 – Sarah Petero 4.167 (Team High)
- Undefeated 10-0 Orange Coast League Champs, 21-7 over all
- CIF 2nd round participants
- Record stats - Individual
- Freshman Gabby Reinking – 620 Assist
- Freshman Delaney Hill – 256 Kills
- Junior Makenzie Hill – 123 Total Blocks
- Junior Makenzie Hill .468 Hitting %
- Freshman Gabby Reinking 64 Service Aces
- Junior Alyssa Linnell 212 Digs
- Stats – Team
- Service – 262 Aces, 87.7%
- Attacks - 861 Kills, .332 Hitting %, 46.9 Kill %
- Ball Handling – 768 Assist, 9.0 Assist per set
- Defense – 207 Total Blocks, 2.4 Blocks per set, 1001 Digs
We had an amazing year and these are an amazing group of young women. I am very proud of them and pray that all of them learned as much as I did. We fell short of our goal of the CIF quarter finals, but pray that this motivates us to become better and hungrier coaches, players, teammates, friends, young women and ultimately young Christian athletes.
I also want to thank our seniors; Annie Hiem and Sarah Petero. I pray that you both exceed your future dreams and goals and take away as much as I did with having you both a part of this program. You are both very special young women that are always welcome back and know that we are always here for you.
Our 2018 team will be forever immortalized on the banner in the gym.
Our Frosh team tied for 1st place and our JV team placed 3rd.
I would like to thank both Kobi Frazer and Emily Reinking for their support and leadership in working with our Frosh and JV teams. Their guidance and representation of what a Christian leader and coach will remain forever in our girl’s lives. Lastly, I would like to thank my amazing wife for taking care of all the behind the scenes, I couldn’t do it without her.
Thank you again for all your support! I look forward to another off season and preparation for next year.
A very blessed,
Coach Josh Hill